Tuesday, April 6, 2010

As promised, a few photos. Maybe not exactly what you guys had in mind, but hey, they're pretty!


Oh, baby apple flower, you're going to make such yummy jelly when you grow up.




I'm not sure what you are, but I bet you'll be good in a jar!



Hey, there cherry blossom! I'm looking forward to making a pie out of you one day.


I walk out through our fruit trees every morning and am consistently surprised by the changes I see. These guys were naked just last week. I can't wait to be able to traipse across my front yard, basket in hand, and pluck future pies, jams, and jellies right off the tree. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, pears, peaches, apples, cherries, grapes...holy cow, how am I ever going to have time for all that baking (and munching!)?

In other news, I look like a lobster. I was able to locate my nuclear fallout proof sunscreen, but alas, i was too late. My pasty, pasty visage just doesn't hold up well under 90 degree, blazing sun. Seriously, 90 degrees. This isn't funny Mother Nature!! *shakes fist at Mother nature* Stop toying with my emotions and bring spring back! I'll be spending a great deal of time INDOORS today to punish Mother Nature for being so tricksy. I bet she'll get the message.

I'm antsy to start planting. But, people smarter than me say the average last frost date up here is around the twentieth or so of this month, so, even though it's 90 *glares at Mother Nature* I'll be holding off for a little while. Except for the squash I planted yesterday. We're calling them experimental, guinea pig squash. And! If they die, no worries...I hate squash.

So, I'm off to hide from the sun and unpack all day. Maybe by this time tomorrow, there will be enough room to walk without stepping over stuff and maybe even vacuum. Maybe. If there's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment