Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Moving On

Finally, after months of driving back and forth from Georgia to Tennessee; after moving and moving and moving some more; after countless loads of junk in the pickup...it's done. The Georgia house is empty and clean, keys returned, address changed,and all is right with the world.

Pffftttt! Or not. The TN house is just the opposite of the Georgia house at this point. FULL and dirty. Quite full. This house is...modest. it's substantially smaller than any place we've ever lived...and right now, it's housing 12 years of accumulated junk. We did SOME purging, but not nearly enough.

Add to the general clutter of the place the general cacophony of the baby ducks (and the smell, ye gods, the smell), the dogs, the cat, and the mama and baby rabbits we have in the bathroom until it's a little warmer outside...well, it just makes it seem that much more full.

Did I mention the stink of the ducklings? Holy cow. I had NO idea such tiny, little balls of cute could work up such a horrendous stench. I have no clue how they do it. The wee-littles are moving to the well-house post-haste, allowing me to reclaim my living room and de-stinkify my mornings.

All in all, a good week so far though. Aside from the mountain of unpacking and moving, things seem to be going well. It seems, however, that there is an inordinate amount of clutter and crap to clean up.

So, one step at a time. It will all get done.

It looks like spring finally decided to stick around, too! Goats and chickens are flourishing in the warmer weather, apple and pear trees are showing some green, mama bluebird is hard at work feeding the babies, and the variety of birds at my feeders has grown over the last few weeks.

I have a lot on my plate these days for sure...here's hoping I can keep my head above water and actually pull it off. Now, time to get to work....right after I finish this cup of coffee!

No comments:

Post a Comment